The Purpose of Visiting Teaching Is to Minister. Usually 2 sisters are assigned to watch over one or more other sisters and make sure that she is loved and cared for as Jesus would do. That means that most Mormon women in the Boston Stake RS both care for others in this way and have visiting teachers assigned to look after them.
How do we minister?
Teaching Each Other
Prayerfully study this material and seek to know what to share. How will understanding the life and mission of the Savior increase your faith in Him and bless those you watch over through visiting teaching? For more information, go to reliefsociety.lds.org.
- Pray daily for [the sister you visit] and her family.
- Seek inspiration to know her and her family.
- Visit her regularly to learn how she is doing and to comfort and strengthen her.
- Stay in frequent contact through visits, phone calls, letters, e-mail, text messages, and simple acts of kindness.
- Greet her at Church meetings.
- Help her when she has an emergency, illness, or other urgent need.
- Teach her the gospel from the scriptures and the visiting teaching messages.