View the LDS Church’s new Ministering Resources …
Usually 2 sisters are assigned to watch over one or more other sisters, and make sure that she is loved and cared for as Jesus would do. That means that most women in the Boston Stake Relief Society of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints both care for others in this way, and have “Ministering Sisters” assigned to look after them. Generally, these sisters will simply be called by their names (e.g., “Sister Jones” and “Sister Smith”).
How do we minister?
Teaching Each Other
Prayerfully study this material and seek to know what to share. How will understanding the life and mission of the Savior increase your faith in Him and bless those you watch over through ministering? For more information, go to reliefsociety.lds.org.
- Pray daily for [the sister you minister to] and her family.
- Seek inspiration to know her and her family.
- Visit or reach-out to her regularly to learn how she is doing, offer assistance, and to help comfort, support, and strengthen her.
- Stay in frequent contact through visits, phone calls, letters, e-mail, text messages, and simple acts of kindness.
- Greet her at Church meetings.
- Help her when she has an emergency, illness, or other urgent need.
- Teach her the gospel by serving, being a good example of love and charity, and sharing from the scriptures and General Conference Talks, as inspired.